Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums: Will you be buying FSX? Which Version? - Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will you be buying FSX? Which Version? Vote Now! Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

Poll: FSX Released Today, Will You Buy? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

When are you going to buy FSX?

1. I've already purchased it! (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. The day it is released! (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Sometime this week (2 votes [5.88%])

4. When I upgrade my PC... (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

When/If You Do Buy It, Which Version?

1. Standard (2 votes [5.88%])

2. Deluxe (32 votes [94.12%])

Percentage of vote: 94.12%

How many FPS (Frames Per Second) do you expect to get?

1. 0-.5 (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

2. .6-5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 6-10 (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

4. 11-20 (11 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

5. 21-30 (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

6. 31-50 (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

7. 51+ (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Eric 

• Only 24 Hours in a day?!
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB DDR3
  • Video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

Please leave comments below!

#2 User is offline   Tim 

• Cleared to Land
  • Icon
  • Group: + ATC
  • Interests:Flying!

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:51 PM

I'd also like to see the results of this poll. It will be quite interesting.

#3 User is offline   xrayspex 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:26 AM

I won't be buying it for a while if ever. Downloaded the demo and was VERY dissappointed. My first impression was they were trying to attract new customers with more eye candy than was in fs9. But what of improved ATC?. I saw no evidence of that! I am waiting to see also what aircraft on top of the ones in fs9 will be added and I can tell you, a "flying trike" doesn't do it for me. Backwards compatability will also be a big issue with me when it comes to the sim since I have a sizeable investment in fs9 addons. it appears there may be a bit of a shift in the type of crowd that MS is trying to attract. I think they are trying to draw in more "gamers" than "simmers". After all consider the demo once again..... dropping bags of flour on targets with the flying trike and then landing on an aircraft carrier! COME ON! :blink: The "X" in FSX maybe stands for "Xtremely absurd". It might be time to switch flight sims from MS to someone else. They may as well drop the word "simulator" from the name. As they say "I got a bad feeling about this one sarge..." :angry:

#4 User is offline   samrec 

• New Flyer
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:48 AM

I'm on the same boat.

Although I will be upgrading my pc in the upcoming weeks gearing up for Vista and DX10 I have no rush to bite into FSX just yet.

I have a lot of payware into FS9 (PMDG,CLS,LEVELD,Flight1) and terrain and traffic utilities like UT and Ultimate Terrain together with FSGenesis, ASV, etc, etc.

A friend of mine who already got it last week, told me that with the bars at half way it looks just like FS9, besides I did not see anything really encouraging on the demo. Furthermore run the demo for that CRJ landing, do your taxi out of the runway and then watch that 747 take off.

You will see the AI is as dumb as the FS9 is if not worst. The 747 goes right thru the hill! No really new ATC improvement, and sure it looks more nice for the terrain and some airports but that will demand some pretty darn good pc to run it.

Only thing that might sound interesting could be that control tower on the Delux version, but even that will have to measure up to the already available software out there for FS9.

I will wait a bit longer probably till PMDG startds rolling out their MD-11 or the updates to the 747 and also keep and eye on FSX and see the reactions of the FS community. But my guess is that you will need some AM2 at 2.2 or more and a Core 2 duo at 2.13 or more to be able to max out your sliders and a 7xxx series video card and plenty of RAM 2gb might be just about it.

cheers

PS: I could not vote! :( :( :( :(

#5 User is offline   Adz 

• Don't say bugger it scares the Instructor
  • Icon
  • Group: Airforce Pilot

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

View Postxrayspex, on Oct 17 2006, 01:26 PM, said:

I won't be buying it for a while if ever. Downloaded the demo and was VERY dissappointed. My first impression was they were trying to attract new customers with more eye candy than was in fs9. But what of improved ATC?. I saw no evidence of that! I am waiting to see also what aircraft on top of the ones in fs9 will be added and I can tell you, a "flying trike" doesn't do it for me. Backwards compatability will also be a big issue with me when it comes to the sim since I have a sizeable investment in fs9 addons. it appears there may be a bit of a shift in the type of crowd that MS is trying to attract. I think they are trying to draw in more "gamers" than "simmers". After all consider the demo once again..... dropping bags of flour on targets with the flying trike and then landing on an aircraft carrier! COME ON! :blink: The "X" in FSX maybe stands for "Xtremely absurd". It might be time to switch flight sims from MS to someone else. They even dropped the word "simulator" from the name. As they say "I got a bad feeling about this one sarge..." :angry:

i know what you mean about backwards compatiblty ive got the whole range of world airports and british airports and i dont think there compatable with fsx :no: 3

#6 Guest_Ford_Mustang 2005_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

stop being fart knockers and complaining your pcs need tune ups to get good fps! god i cant stand the whining!!!!!!!!!!

#7 User is offline   Timsher 

• Icon
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Sempron 3000+
  • Memory: 2GB 667mhz
  • Video: Nvidia 7600GT 256MB

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

I'll be buying it so I can start work on some 1m scenery (finally), but I need a new computer first.

#8 User is offline   xrayspex 

• New Flyer
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:18 PM

"stop being fart knockers and complaining your pcs need tune ups to get good fps! god i cant stand the whining!!!!!!!!!!" :angry:

Ah ....excuse me there "ford_mustang 2005" my pc IS totally high end (x2 nVidia 7800gtx's in SLIconfig, 2Gig ram, 3GHZ dual core, Serial ATA 10,000rpm hard drive, dual channel....that sort of thing) therefore framerate or ANYTHING video related isn't a problem. Having said that...If you read the rest of the posts in a little greater detail it would seem to indicate from other simmers that FSX is not what was expected. At least not from the airplane community. ATC improvement was a big one. From what I understand, that never happened. All I have seen done in that instance was a change in the colour of the window! I was just at Best Buy and had my first good look at the box. There appears to be nothing really different about the sim other than some Red Bull airplanes, that idiot trike and some rudimentary AI additions.
Knowing how Microsoft LOVES to blow it's corporate horn I would have thought if anything was a "real improvement" or a "real innovation" MS would have played that tune to the MAX. Ah...but the band fell silent. No innovation left for Microsoft's flight simulator. They peaked at FS9...too bad. And by the way.. aside from being ABLE to check the 51+ in the framerate box above I still couldn't vote either...there wasn't an emphatic "NO" box to check :(

Check this out (language caution advisory)
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tcW3hbnR2EI
Got it from YOUTUBE....never heard of it before then saw the link above on "ford_mustang 2005" sig. They have all kinds of flight simulator videos there but I thought this one was most relevant :yes:

#9 User is offline   Eric 

• Icon
  • My FS Rig

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:03 PM

Haha! Good video! :lol:

I purchased it today fron EB Games. The little girl behind the counter was so clueless, here is how it went:

*BEEP*
OMG! Like Look How Like Expensive this is! Like OMG!
*I Swipe My Card*
Like, Ron, come here and look at like how much this game costs!
*I ask, "Press Cancel for Credit?"*
Yep! Ron, is this price right! Like look at how much it costs!
Ron Says: I donno, that is what it says on the box too...
*I Sign The Card Reader*
Well Ok, like have a nice day!

:roll:

I am installing it now, I am waiting for it to say "Insert Disk 2" because I am so tired... Once I put in disk 2 it is time for a nap before playing...

#10 User is offline   Timsher 

• Icon
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Sempron 3000+
  • Memory: 2GB 667mhz
  • Video: Nvidia 7600GT 256MB

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

Is it 2 DVD's? wow!

*I Swipe My Card*

:lol:

#11 User is offline   alexho12002 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Commercial Pilot

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

I just hope my dad would agree to a $70 purchase on a game.

#12 User is offline   xrayspex 

• New Flyer
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

View Postalexho12002, on Oct 17 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

I just hope my dad would agree to a $70 purchase on a game.

That's hilarious!! I'm trying to talk my Dad outa buyin' it!!!! :lol:

#13 User is offline   Eric 

• Icon
  • My FS Rig

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

View PostTimsher, on Oct 17 2006, 05:18 PM, said:

Is it 2 DVD's? wow!

*I Swipe My Card*

:lol:

The Deluxe, yes. Not sure about the standard.

Timsher, I can't WAIT to see some of that Scenery! :D

#14 User is offline   xrayspex 

• New Flyer
  • Icon

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

I just saw for the first time a commercial for FSX om "The weather network" If that game (notice I said "game" and not "sim") is as lame as that commercial, it is going to be a big dissapointment parting with that 70 bucks.

SOMEBODY out there has got it. Please prove me wrong and post comments on the site that will slug me in the jaw telling me how wrong I am. Tell me there lots of new flight models and improved ATC. Tell me that scenery improvement wasn't the only thing they did, and tell me how much improvement they did on that! Tell me how it activates (I heard online activation) and give a "framerate report" and a few system specs to go along.............

PLEASE HELP ME RESTORE MY FAITH IN MY FAVOURITE SIM :( :( :(

#15 User is offline   KoNA 

• 747 Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: 747 Pilot

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hey guys,

I have had the game for like 5 days now and although my computer is not good enough to run at full I did have fun playing it. BUUUUUUTt Im new to Flight Sim, So can anyone tell me a good site or sim that I need to get? Thanks

If anyone wants to talk to a new guy about it PM on Aim - "Aggieguy1986"

Thanks ^_^

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users