Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums: Flight simulator X acceleration activation error 10800004005 found - Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flight simulator X acceleration activation error 10800004005 found Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Glen Muller 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

Hi i just joined this forum
i had purchased flight sim gold edtion from amazon the installation of the flight sim x deluxe was flawless as was the expansion pack but when i went the use the game igot the error 1-80004005 error i could only use it for 30 mins.so the neext day i called microsoft i went through installing,uninstallling playing around with the registry i total i was on the phone for over 3 hours, the guy at micorsoft was good but he still didnt fix the issue, so he told me to go and install the program again and he said he would call me back ,i never expected him to. after the program was installed i got the same message and i was in demo mode still only 30 mins use. so i was pissed off not know what to.IF microsoft tech support can fix it how i am going to.
My problem is with the activation process ,and how to start that program so i went into the programs\ microsoft flight simultor with in that folder there are lots of files and little apps . THEN I FOUND IT THE APP IS CALLED ACTIVATION so i double clicked on it .It then brought up a window which allow me to type in the product key ,the progam was vallidated , and it fully optioned has been working fine

i think microsoft program writers really need to put out a patch the bring up the activation program automatically.
later the guy from microsoft did call me back i told him that i had found the solution to their problem he was very shocked. i wonder of they will fix the program now?

hope this helps

G

#2 User is offline   Dredd 

• Proud to fly Horizon!
  • Icon
  • Group: + Reporters
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: AMD AM2+ 9650
  • Memory: 4Gb @1033MHz
  • Video: GTS450 1GB

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hmm .. With FSX, you install FSX and then RUN it, activating it as you go. Exit FSX, update SP1, and rerun FSX to rebuild all the config files. Then install SP2/Accelleration, and rerun FSX to now activate accelleration. Jobs done. Sounds like you didn't activate it before installing SP1, which has caused many a headache else where. I'm supprissed that the MS guy didn't know that!

#3 User is offline   Glen Muller 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

View PostDredd, on 29 October 2009 - 10:52 PM, said:

Hmm .. With FSX, you install FSX and then RUN it, activating it as you go. Exit FSX, update SP1, and rerun FSX to rebuild all the config files. Then install SP2/Accelleration, and rerun FSX to now activate accelleration. Jobs done. Sounds like you didn't activate it before installing SP1, which has caused many a headache else where. I'm supprissed that the MS guy didn't know that!

you dont have to install the service packs with ms acceleration as they come with the expansion pack

#4 User is offline   Dredd 

• Proud to fly Horizon!
  • Icon
  • Group: + Reporters
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: AMD AM2+ 9650
  • Memory: 4Gb @1033MHz
  • Video: GTS450 1GB

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

No - thats true. But, you must still run FSX before installing accelleration.

#5 User is offline   Eric 

• Only 24 Hours in a day?!
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB DDR3
  • Video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

Ugh, I hate that so much. I've used all of my FSX installs since I own more than 3 computers. Every time I reinstall it I have to call the number to get a new confirmation code. Every single time I have to do it once for fsx, and again 5 minutes later for fsx acceleration. So annoying...

#6 User is offline   Thomas 

• We Want ABBA!
  • Icon
  • Group: 747 Pilot
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Athlon 2.6 Dual
  • Memory: 3GB RAM
  • Video: HD5770 1GB

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hmm i really do hate the activation phoning thing but everytime i need to install fsx again due to a format, which happens every now and again with me for one reason or another the key always works, i must have used it 8 times, i have had to call up for one a few times though.

:blink:

#7 User is offline   Eric 

• Only 24 Hours in a day?!
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB DDR3
  • Video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

View PostThomas, on 08 December 2009 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hmm i really do hate the activation phoning thing but everytime i need to install fsx again due to a format, which happens every now and again with me for one reason or another the key always works, i must have used it 8 times, i have had to call up for one a few times though.

:blink:

I believe they usually track it based on your Motherboard model, I guess they classify a different "Motherboard" as a different computer.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users